A Lesson from Mother Nature


I love nature, green fresh leaves make me feel fresh. Seeing new buds on the plants make me go flying like colorful butterflies. I am addicted to gardening. I had to take a break in between as I was on small rented accommodation, with lesser water. Now, when I have moved to my new home with a small attached terrace, I decided to have some plants.

Prior to my marriage, I had a big terrace with almost 200 plants of various flowers, and vegetables and just green lushes. I used to talk to them. There was a relationship between me and my plants. I used to talk to them, used to pamper them. I used tell one plant that the other one is blooming better, and has more number of buds with bigger flowers. It used to respond. It will have more buds, and bigger ones.
Now with this small terrace I planted four plants, out of these, one dried completely. I was really upset; it had never happened that, If I grew some plant it dies. I went to that dried plant told same to it.
To my greatest surprise, it started blooming. It became lush green within a week. Now it is full of flowers. Any given day, this plant has more than two flowers to please me. It made me to realize that everything responds, if you have faith. Nature has its simple ways to teach us. Thank you Mother Nature, I believe you and trust you.

Comments

Unknown said…
It's very nice to know that you have experienced this. I also believe that plants respond to sound, and I believe the fundamental basic principle of the Vedas is how the sound patterns emitted during their recitation affect the various components of our universe.
Life responds to affection and this can more easily be observed with the effect of love being given to animals whose reaction are more discernable to our human senses. However I am sure plants respond in a more subtle or perhaps in a completely different way to affection and other emotions.
I have an interesting similar personal account which I'll relate to you one day in shaa allah.

Meanwhile you may be interested in the movie "The Happening" which is about the flora of this planet reacting to human activity. I have a feeling you'll like it.

Also check this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/08/30/scimusic130.xml

Best Wishes
Harkabir

Popular Posts